JM Davis Consulting Group is seeking for a full-time Client Strategist in Minneapolis/St. Paul area for our Deaf and Hard of Hearing consumers.
The Client Strategist handles a variety of roles: helping Deaf and Hard of Hearing clients develop career goals, educate on resume and cover letter creation, teaching job retention skills, providing life skills training, and consulting consumers to help them maximize success.
This position also requires networking within the community, generating and cultivating strong relationships with local businesses and developing partnerships with employers to secure community-based, long- term employment for our diverse roster of clients who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. This candidate will support individuals with disabilities who communicates in American Sign Language.
Successful candidate must be:
- Passionate about helping others and making a difference within the community
- Compassionate, energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Flexible and able to manage an ever-changing caseload
- Excellent communicator - both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Strong networkers, who can effectively and confidently build relationships and galvanize community partnerships with local businesses
- Communicating fluently in American Sign Language
- Communicates with the JMD Consulting Group team
- Places at least two consumers to employment per month
- Community employment support for both consumers and employers
- Job coaching in competitive community employment
- Direct support to consumers with disabilities
- Willing to travel up to 50 miles radius
- Provides clients rides in your personal vehicle when requested
- At least Associate's degree in related field
- At least 2 years of experiences in the field work or atmospheres of providing the services to consumers
- Be willing to take Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SPLI) within 89 days of employment
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
- The chosen candidate will also be required to submit to criminal background and motor vehicle record checks that must meet company standards.
At JM Davis Consulting Group, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
This is a full-time community-based position. Telecommute and travel in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and within 50 miles radius of your residence is required for this position.
Physical Work Environment
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position's duties including, but not limited to, sitting/standing for prolonged periods of time at a desk/computer workstation, consumer’s job site, and using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements.
- Ability to work in an open office setting, using standard office equipment including a computer, and attend meetings both at office and other off-site locations such as Vocational Rehabilitation office, job site, employer face to face, etc.
- Ability to attend all meetings and consumers’ job sites
- Ability to communicate in English and American Sign Language both in person and through other appropriate means.
- Ability to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Driver’s License
- Cover Letter
- References (professional references ONLY)
- Unofficial College Transcript
- Sign Language Proficiency Interview letter, if have on hand
J.M. Davis Consulting Group is committed to a safe environment that reflects our pluralistic society. J.M. Davis Consulting Group provides equal opportunity in employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or disability. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process may call the Human Resources office.
J.M. Davis Consulting Group maintains an alcohol-free/drug-free work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13 - 17 per hour
- Minneapolis, MN
- At least Associate's Degree
- Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing: 2 years
- Human Services: 2 years
- American Sign Language
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License